A proposal from the Comox Valley community currencies project (CVccp) to work with Comox Valley Youth Music Centre (CYMC) over the summer to raise community way dollars (cw$) and provide exchange services to convert cw$ into cdn$.
- provide CVccp with leads, referrals, and introductions and CVccp will follow up
- accept cw$ for concert tickets at an attractive rate
- order 100 smart cards from gemplus - CYMC and CVccp will sell the cards to recover the costs
- may pay volunteers honoraria and top up staff wages
- ask businesses that have unallocated cw$ to redirect them to CYMC
- continue to sell community way to businesses and suggest that they make their cw$ donations to CYMC and other organizations
- write a cw introduction to prepare CYMC supporters for exchange - CYMC may mail it out, include it in student packages, hand it out at events, etc.
- set up exchange tables at CYMC and other events
- begin by setting up a temporary exchange at Joe Read's to introduce the ideas and to test the procedures - contingent upon Niki's approval
- document and record the process and put the material up on the wildfire and openmoney websites
- inform all participating businesses and organizations of the special relationship that is being developed with CYMC.